I experience that I blog less than I used to, which I regret. It is difficult to sequence my interests, but linearly one need to be above the other:
VARIOUS ASPECTS OF LEARNING FROM EXPERIENCES
- In August 2008 Martie encouraged me to start a blog on my expertise and views regarding experiential learning. It has been an interesting and worthwhile journey to date. My current working life is devoted to this area.
- I obtained a DPhil on '9/11' 2003, in Leadership in Performance and Change. My dissertation is titled "the contribution of cooperative education in growing talent"—two areas that I am passionate about. I use the learning in vivo blog to capture my own body of knowledge. My doctorate also included a consulting intervention on "the role of people in document management in an organisation", which drawn from Martie's experience and dovetailed with the notion of a learning organisation.
ADVICE ON SECTIONAL TITLE MATTERS IN SOUTH AFRICA
- We live in a sectional title scheme. By nature, when I notice things needing attention or going wrong, I try to fix or improve. I have gained substantial and continue to acquire knowledge about the intricacies of sectional title living and the management of such schemes, which I willingly share.
- This blog is intended to be of value to novice and/or other sectional title owners.
- I decided in February 2010 to start a new blog my qualitative research experiences, acquired expertise and my views. Qualitative research remains an area of interest.
- I cook for us and we are both 'well fed', which is not in our best health interest. A while ago on holiday I made a study of some low-fat cooking and changed the way I prepared our food. I capture some ideas here.
- I do admit a feminist bias and started blogging about my views on issues pertaining to gender; equality of genders and egalitarianism.
- However, realising the impact of socialisation I thought a blog providing tips for single women or those with absentspouses, might be a valuable resource.
TIPS AND IDEAS FOR DOMESTICALLY CHALLENGED OR UNGIFTED INDIVIDUALS
- I started this blog to share some basic advice on domestic issues.